What’s the worst Mothers’ Day present you’ve ever received?
Mothers’ Day is almost upon us!
…A time to say thanks to the special person who made us (or gave us our peculiar twitch. 😉
…A time to give yourself a pat on the back for keeping those beautiful children alive for one more year.
Choosing a gift can be tricky, but here’s my top five worst Mothers’ Day presents to steer clear of:
- Nothing: oh those tricky mums will sometimes say, “Don’t worry about it! Just get me a card,” or “It’s a Hallmark holiday,” but don’t listen for a second! Nothing says “Blurgh” like well, nothing.
- Anything to do with fitness, lycra or a diet: As Mae West said, “I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond.” Mums are already just the right shape, amiright?
- Any other self-improvement items: facial scrubs and brain training are boring. Cooking courses may be excused here for mothers who love cooking – and only if it involves wine 😉
- Anything that’s secretly for you: so you want her to iron more, how ’bout a lovely iron? Wait, what? Just no. You think she looks great in green but she hates it, well now’s not the time to buy her a green shirt.
- A non-gift: something that she would have bought anyway (like socks or a computer you’ll also use; see number 4 above!).
I’d love to hear about the worst gift you’ve ever received and the best ones will win a free copy of my Babybliss book.
Just post them in the comments’ section below and the best answer I receive by Friday 9 May will win the book!
Also here are some great ideas for gifts you can get mothers who might be thinking right now that the best present they’d like is a full night’s sleep.
You will be the best present giver EVER if you can give someone back their sleep!
Happy Mothers’ Day!
ps: If you’re buying something as a gift on our website, just let us know in the notes field when you’re checking out and we’ll email you a gift certificate after purchase.